Interim Town Treasurer
Contact by EMail
52 Main Street
Milford, MA 01757
Phone: (508) 634-2300
Fax: (508) 634-2324
Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm
The Treasurer’s Office strives to provide the highest level of customer service and support to all of the Town’s constituencies (i.e., taxpayers, employees, retirees, or vendors), as well as satisfy the legal requirements set forth in Massachusetts General Laws and the Town’s bylaws.
The Treasurer’s Office is responsible for:
Cash Management activities of the Town:
- Accounts for and invests all available cash;
- Disburses all Town funds via accounts payable and payroll processes;
- Maintains all records for and properly disburses the Town’s various tax withholding obligations;
- Administers all Town Trust Funds.
Employee/Retiree Group Benefit programs for the Town:
- Administers the Town’s:
- Group Health Insurance Program;
- Group Dental Insurance Program;
- Group Life Insurance Program;
- Optional Life Insurance Programs;
- Deferred Compensation Program;
- OBRA Defined Contribution Plan for part-time, temporary and seasonal employees who are not eligible to join the retirement plans
- Represents the Town on the Insurance Advisory Committee.
Debt Management activities of the Town:
- Provides reports to Town Officials and Town Meeting on the Town’s debt position;
- Produces documentation required for both short and long term borrowing issues;
- Works with the rating agencies to maintain the Town’s bond rating;
- Disburses all town debt payments.