Director of Operations
Contact by EMail
230 South Main Street
Hopedale, MA 01747
Phone: (508) 473-2054
Fax: (508) 478-1238
Hours: 7:00am - 3:00pm
The Milford Sewer Department is responsible for collecting and treating the town's wastewater. The department issues permits for sewer connections and issues licenses for qualifying Drain Layers.
In addition, the department is responsible for
- inspection of all pipeline installation related to new construction;
- testing and treatment of between 3.5 and 12 million gallons of wastewater per day;
- diagnosis of residential sewer issues as they arise, and rectification of all such problems deemed to be related to connection to the system;
- routine scheduled inspection, clean out, and testing of 60 miles of pipeline and 10 pumping stations throughout the town;
- maintenance, upkeep, and repair of all Sewer Department equipment and of the Treatment Plant building and grounds itself.
The firm of Tata & Howard, Inc. is the contracted Engineering Consultant, with Jack O'Connell as its primary representative.