Meeting Schedule: 3rd Thursday of the month
Meeting Time: 7:00pm
Location: Room 02
Address: Town Hall, 52 Main Street, Milford
The Milford Personnel Board administers the Personnel By-Laws of the Town of Milford, and implements the Wage and Salary Administration Plan. Specific position classifications under the Board’s jurisdiction, along with related salary and wage rates for FY2013, are incorporated within Article 2 of the 2012 Annual Town Meeting. The Board meets regularly in public session at Town Hall. Meeting dates and Agenda are posted at the Town Clerk’s official Bulletin Board. The Personnel Board consists of five regular members, one of whom is appointed each year by the Board of Selectmen to serve a five-year term, and one alternate member, appointed by Selectmen to serve a three-year term.
As of January, 2012, in addition to the Board members, Finance Committee member David Morganelli, Esq. served as liaison. In July of 2012, The Board of Selectmen reappointed member Teresa Persico, Esq., to a five year term expiring June 30, 2017. Board members elected Dennis Carroll as Chairman, and James Ligor as Vice-Chairman. The alternate member position remains vacant, despite the Board’s efforts to encourage citizens to apply for appointment. Interested applicants should contact the Selectmen’s Office.
Several Article 2 personnel additions and changes took place in 2012, including the following:
- Johnna O’Loughlin, Program Coordinator/Milford Senior Center
- Catherine Ziesmer, Client Services Coordinator/Milford Senior Center
- Timothy Aicardi, Local Building Inspector
Throughout the year, the Personnel Board took action on many issues under consideration, including, but not limited to the following:
- Longevity Pay benefit for selected office support positions (approved by Town Meeting).
- Meeting with DIJ Municipal Management Services, re: abbreviated Classification and Compensation Study for 11 Salaried and 30 Hourly Rated positions.
- Unused Vacation Leave carryover for 29 employees (5 day/6 months maximum).
- Request for classification change for Clerk/Zoning Board of Appeals (in process)
Each year, an Analysis of Article 2 positions is prepared prior to the Annual Town Meeting. The Analysis incorporates detailed information regarding incumbent personnel employed in over 110 position titles, along with their assigned departments, appointing authorities, supervisors, classification, compensation grades and steps, lengths of service, current salaries/wages, and anticipated salaries/wages for the coming fiscal year.